Which drug can cause diabetes insipidus?
Which drug helps to achieve sufficient maturation of the ovarian follicles?
- Choriogonadotropin alfa
D. Choriogonadotropin alfa
Which drug is used to induce spontaneous abortions?
Which hormone is crucial in maintaining the implanted egg at its site?
A pregnant woman with cervical stenosis has been admitted to the hospital for a labor induction. Which drug should be administered?
- Ergot alkaloids
Which condition results in elevated serum adrenocorticotropic hormone (ACTH) and urine cortisol levels?
- Diabetes insipidus
- Adrenal Cushing’s syndrome
- Pituitary Cushing’s syndrome
- Syndrome of inappropriate antidiuretic hormone
C. Pituitary Cushing’s syndrome
Which hormone may be excreted in urine during pregnancy?
- Human chorionic gonadotropin
D. Human chorionic gonadotropin
Which hormone is released from the posterior pituitary gland?
- Growth hormone
- Luteinizing hormone
Which drug would be effective for the treatment of pituitary Cushing’s syndrome?
- Bromocriptine mesylate
Which clinical manifestation is found in a client with a deficiency of adrenocorticotropic hormone?
- Malaise and lethargy
- Menstrual abnormalities
C. Malaise and lethargy
Which hormone may cause vaginal carcinoma in a female child after birth?
A nurse teaches a client who has had a thyroidectomy for thyroid cancer to observe for signs of surgically induced hypothyroidism. What should be included in the teaching plan?
- Dry skin
- Sensitivity to cold
A. Dry skin
E. Sensitivity to cold
Which hormone causes skin discoloration?
- Pituitary hormone
- Follicle-stimulating hormone
Which hormone regulates blood levels of calcium?
- Luteinizing hormone
- Thyroid stimulating hormone
- Adrenocorticotropic hormone
Which hormone is released from the pancreas?
Which gland secretes melatonin?
- Pineal gland
- Thyroid gland
- Adrenal gland
- Parathyroid gland
A. Pineal gland
Which situation is an indication for an oxytocin infusion?
- Hypertonic uterus
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
- Induction of labor at full-term
- Cervical stenosis in a client who is in labor
C. Induction of labor at full-term
Which statement is true regarding cortisol?
- Cortisol metabolizes free fatty acids.
- Cortisol stimulates gluconeogenesis.
- Cortisol stimulates protein synthesis.
- Cortisol levels decline in stressful conditions.
B. Cortisol stimulates gluconeogenesis.
When preparing a client for discharge after a thyroidectomy, the nurse teaches the signs of hypothyroidism. When teaching when to call the primary healthcare provider, what statement made by the client shows that teaching was effective?
- "I should call the primary healthcare provider for dry hair and an intolerance to cold."
- "I should call the primary healthcare provider for muscle cramping and sluggishness."
- "I should call the primary healthcare provider for fatigue and an increased pulse rate."
- "I should call the primary healthcare provider for tachycardia and an increase in weight."
A. "I should call the primary healthcare provider for dry hair and an intolerance to cold."
Which is the target tissue for the parathyroid hormone?
- All body cells
- Mammary glands
- Sympathetic effectors