1. Healthy immune system destroys cancer cells with
CTL's and activated macrophages
2. A positive tuberculin skin test is an example of
Delayed cell-mediated immunity
3. All of the following are considered examples of type I hypersensitivity EXCEPT
4. Allergic contact dermatitis is due to
Sensitized T cells
5. Attachment of HIV to the target cell depends on
gp120 combining with CD4+ receptor
6. Desensitization involved injection of
7. During the asymptomatic phase I of HIV disease, HIV infection diagnosed by
Detecting viral RNA
8. In rheumatoid arthritis, IgM, IgG and complement deposit in joints. This is an example of
Immune complex autoimmunity
9. In the serological method for tissue typing, if human cells expressing HLA-I are mixed with anti HLA-I, complement, and trypan blue, what would indicate the cells are HLA-I
Trypan blue enters the cells
10. Rheumatoid arthritis is due to deposition of
Complexes of IgM and IgG and also complement in joints
11. The chemical mediators of anaphylaxis are
Found in basophils and mast cells
12. The number of T cells drops to below 200 cells/microliter in which phase of HIV infection
13. The process of desensitization to prevent allergies involved the injection of increasing amounts of
14. Treatment with certain drugs to reduce transplant rejection can cause
15. When testing donated blood for compatibility you would find a person with O type blood
Will lack A & B red blood cell antigens
16. Which antibodies will be in the serum of a person with blood type B, RH+?
17. Which of the following is the least likely vaccine against HIV?
18. Which of the following statements about type I reactions of False?
They involve helper T Cells
19. Which of the following statements about type IV reactions is False?
Hemolytic disease of the newborn is an example
20. Which of the following types of transplant is least compatible?