HESI A2 Reading Practice Test
Water is needed to sustain practically all life functions on planet Earth. A single drop of this compound is composed of an oxygen atom that shares its electrons with teach of the two hydrogen atoms.
The cycle starts when precipitation such as rain, snow, sleet, or hail descend from the sky onto the ground. Water not absorbed immediately from the precipitation is known as runoff. The runoff flows across the land and collects in groundwater reservoirs, rivers, streams, and oceans.
Evaporation takes place when liquid water changes into water vapor, which is a gas. Water vapor returns to the air from surface water and plants.
Ultimately, condensation happens when this water vapor cools and changes back into droplets of liquid. In fact, the puffy, cotton clouds that we observe are formed by condensation. When the clouds become heavily laden with liquid droplets, precipitation ensues.
All other Reading comprehensions are the same as listed in the HESI A2 Book updated. I only listed what was different
What is the meaning of the work composed in the first paragraph?
- To consist of
- To be uniquely discovered
- To be set apart
- To be surprised
What is the main idea of the passage?
- The formation of water from the joining of two hydrogen atoms to one atom of oxygen
- The versatility and importance of water as a universal solvent.
- The explanation of the different components of the water cycle
- Rain is a trivial part of the life cycle
Which statement is not a detail from the passage?
- A single drop of water is made of a couple of hydrogen atoms and oxygen atoms.
- Evaporation takes place when liquid water changes into water vapor.
- Water not absorbed is runoff.
- Condensation fails to happen when water vapor cools and changes back into droplets of liquid.
What wast the authors primary purpose for writing this essay?
- To entertain
- To persuade
- To analyze
- TO inform