Which of the following is not an acellular agent?
which of the following statements is true?
- viruses move toward their host cells
- viruses are capable of metabolism
- viruses lack a cytoplasmic membrane
- viruses grow in response to their environmental conditions
c. viruses lack a cytoplasmic membrane
A virus that is specific for a bacterial hos is called a __________
A naked virus ____________
- has no membranous envelope
- has injected DNA or RNA into a host cell
- is devoid of capsomeres
- is one that is unattached to a host cell
a. has no membranous envelope
Which of the following statements is false?
- viruses may have circular DNA
- dsRNA is found in bacteria more often than in viruses
- viral DNA may be linear
- typically, viruses have DNA or RNA but not both
b. dsRNA is found in bacteria more often than in viruses
When a eukaryotic cell is infected with an enveloped virus and sheds viruses slowly over time, this infection is ________
- called a lytic infection
- a prophage cycle
- called a persistent infection
- caused by a quiescent virus
c. called a persistent infection
Another name for a complete virus is __________.
Which of the following viruses can be latent?
- chicken pox virus
- herpes viruses
- all of the above
d. all of the above
Which of the following is not a criterion for specific family classifications of viruses?
- the type of nucleic acid present
- envelope structure
- capsid type
- lipid composition
d. lipid compposition
A clear zone of phage infection in a bacterial lawn is _______.
- a prophage
- a plaque
- a zone of inhibition
b. a plaque