10 notecards = 3 pages (4 cards per page)
1) The cell membranes of all three domains are composed of straight carbon chains attached to
glycerol by ester linkage.
2) Chloroplasts possess circular DNA and reproduce by binary fission.
3) As molecular techniques improve, scientists are finding it necessary to reclassify some genera.
4) The highest level in the current taxonomic hierarchy is "Kingdom."
5) Pure cultures of the same species are not always identical in all ways.
6) At this point in time, scientists believe the vast majority of the domain Bacteria have been discovered.
7) Once a culture is purified, the next logical step in the process of identifying bacteria is biochemical testing.
8) Serological testing is used for screening bacterial isolates for similarities.
9) Western blotting is an immunological test used to identify the antibodies in the serum of an individual suspected of having Lyme disease.
10) When building a cladogram, the length of the horizontal branch is based on the calculated percent similarity between organisms.