10 notecards = 3 pages (4 cards per page)
1) Any process that destroys the non-spore forming contaminants on inanimate objects is sterilization.
2) Desiccation is a reliable form of sterilization.
3) The thermal death time is the time needed to kill all the bacteria in a particular culture at a certain temperature.
4) Pseudomonas has been found growing in quaternary ammonium compounds (quats).
5) Moist heat destroys organisms by denaturing proteins.
6) Some antimicrobial chemicals are considered to be disinfectants and antiseptics.
7) The pH of the medium has no effect on the activity of the disinfectant being applied.
8) Ultraviolet light (UV) causes irreversible breaks in DNA strands.
9) Autoclaving is the most effective method of moist heat sterilization.
10) Microorganisms placed in high concentrations of salts and sugars undergo lysis.