8 notecards = 2 pages (4 cards per page)
1) Infectious disease is almost totally eradicated in our world.
2) A student has obtained a sample of pond water for study. Using the high-power lens, he observes several cells with nuclei. He can conclude that the cells are NOT bacteria.
3) The process of pasteurization to reduce food spoilage utilizes high heat to kill all bacteria present.
4) Anton van Leeuwenhoek was the first microbiologist to use a microscope to examine environmental samples for the presence of microorganisms.
5) Spontaneous generation refers to living cells arising only from other living cells.
6) Microbes are associated with life-sustaining benefits as well as life-threatening diseases.
7) All cells possess a cell wall.
8) All pathogens known to infect humans have been identified at this point in time.