14 notecards = 4 pages (4 cards per page)
1) Innate immunity
2) Acidity in human urine is an example of
4) Engulfing-phagocytic cells of innate immunity include all of the following except
7) A systemic inflammatory response that is often life-threatening is
17) An invertebrate, such as an insect, has innate immunity activity in its intestine that likely includes
21) Septic shock, a systemic response including high fever and low blood pressure, is a response to
47) The cells involved in innate immunity, whose absence increases the chances of developing malignant tumors, are
79) A patient complaining of watery, itchy eyes and sneezing after being given a flower bouquet as a birthday gift should first be treated with
2) Which of the following levels of ecological organization is arranged in the correct sequence from most to least inclusive?
5) Which of the following choices includes all of the others in creating global terrestrial climates?
6) Why is the climate drier on the leeward side of mountain ranges that are subjected to prevailing winds?
15) The main reason polar regions are cooler than the equator is that
18) As climate changes because of global warming, species' ranges in the northern hemisphere may move northward, using effective reproductive adaptations to disperse their seeds. The trees that are most likely to avoid extinction in such an environment are those that
21) If global warming continues at its present rate, which biomes will likely take the place of the coniferous forest (taiga)?