6 notecards = 2 pages (4 cards per page)
16) In a hypothetical situation, the genes for sex pilus construction
and for tetracycline resistance are located together on the same
plasmid within a particular bacterium. If this bacterium readily
performs conjugation involving a copy of this plasmid, then the result
B) the rapid spread of tetracycline resistance to other bacteria in that habitat.
18) Which of these statements about prokaryotes is correct?
C) They divide by binary fission, without mitosis or meiosis
19) Which of the following is least associated with the others?
E) binary fission
7) The DNA fragments making up a genomic library are generally
37) Which of the following is true of embryonic stem cells but not of
adult stem cells?
B) They make up the majority of cells of the tissue from which they are derived.
48) As genetic technology makes testing for a wide variety of
genotypes possible, which of the following is likely to be an
increasingly troublesome issue?
C) the need to legislate for the protection of the privacy of genetic information