30 notecards = 8 pages (4 cards per page)
1. A molecule that has a single covalent bond is _____.
2. how many valence electrons does PO43- has?
3. Which one of the following elements does not exist as a diatomic
molecule in nature?
4. Which one of these compounds is an ionic compound?
5. According to periodic trends, which element is the most
6. What is the electron group (EG) and molecular geometry (MG) of an
7. Write the formulas of the following compound: silicon dioxide
8. Based off periodic trends, which of the following has the
strongest lattice energy?
9. How do the molecular geometry of the molecule IF5 and PF5 differ?
10. What are the bond angle formed by the central atom P and two of
the equatorial fluorine’s in the molecular geometry of PF5 ? trigonal
11. Using VSEPR theory, predict the electron group geometry,
molecular shape, and the bond angles in a molecule that contains 4
electron groups (3 bonds and 1 lone pair electrons).
12. Using VSEPR theory, predict the electron group geometry,
molecular shape, and the bond angles in a molecule that contains 6
electron groups (5 bonds and 1 lone pair electrons).
13. What are the bond angle in the molecular geometry of H2O?
14. What are the bond angle in the molecualre geomerty of CH4?
15. Write the formulas of the following compound: potassium phosphide
16. According to the octet rule, a magnesium atom has a tendency to
A. lose one electron.
17. According to the octet rule, a bromine atom has a tendency to
A. lose one electron.
18. How many electrons are shared in a single covalent bond?
19. A molecule that has a triple covalent bond is _____.
20. Which of the following diatomic molecules is joined by a double
21. What’s the molecualr shape of BCl3.
22. What is the molecular shape of CO2?
23. Which molecule has only covalent bonds?
24. The octet rule states that main group elements in the periodic
table react to achieve a filled valence shell which consists of how
25. Which of the following elements are found in the p-block and can
form an octet?
26. Based off molecular polarity determined by VSEPR theory, which of
the following would be insoluble in CCl4?
27. Based off molecular polarity determined by VSEPR theory, in which
solvent would glucose be the least soluble?
28. Why are detergents and soaps good at cleaning up oily stains from
dishes or clothing?
29. Which of the following molecules has a voilation of octet rule?
30. How many non-polar bonds does CH3OH contain?