79 notecards = 20 pages (4 cards per page)
_____ articulates with the humerus and triquetrum through the articular disc
________ articulates with the humerus and scaphoid bone.
1) Which of the following bones is not part of the appendicular
2) Which of the following is not a component of the appendicular
3) The three sides of this bone form a broad triangle.
4) The scapula is roughly triangular in shape. Which of the following
are correct terms for the borders?
A) superior, medial, and lateral borders
5) The only direct connection between the pectoral girdle and the
axial skeleton is where the
B) clavicle articulates with the manubrium of the sternum.
6) The clavicle articulates with the
E) acromial process and the manubrium.
7) The clavicle articulates with the scapula
C) distally with the acromion.
8) Which of these constitutes the pectoral girdle?
B) clavicles and scapulae
9) Which of the following is located closest to the jugular
B) medial end of clavicle
10) Which of these adapts the pectoral girdle to a wide range of
B) relatively weak joints
11) Which of these is most commonly fractured in a fall?
17) Which of these features is located near the proximal end of the
C) greater tubercle
18) The depression on the posterior surface at the distal end of the
humerus is the
A) olecranon fossa.
9) The head of the humerus articulates with the
B) glenoid cavity.
20) The glenohumeral joint, or shoulder joint, is an articulation
between which two bones?
B) scapula and humerus
21) In the anatomical position, the ulna is located ________ to the
22) The condyle of the humerus consists of the
C) capitulum and trochlea.
23) Which of these surface features occur on the ulna?
E) All of the answers are correct.
24) There are ________ carpal bones located in the wrist, which form
________ rows of bones in the wrist.
D) 8; 2
25) The bones that form the fingers are the
26) Each hand has ________ phalangeal bones.
27) The rough surface feature present along the lateral border of the
shaft of the humerus is the
D) deltoid tuberosity.
28) The bones that give the hand a wide range of motion are the
29) The head of the radius articulates with the
30) The carpus contains ________ bones.
31) The hand has ________ wrist and ________ palm bones.
D) 8; 5
32) Which of the following is not an upper limb bone?
33) The ________ of the radius helps stabilize the wrist joint.
C) styloid process
34) The bones that form the palm are the
35) Tina falls and fractures her pisiform bone. What part of her body
41) Which of the following is not a part of the pelvis?
D) lumbar vertebrae
42) What bone articulates with the coxal bone at the acetabulum?
43) When seated, the weight of the body is borne by the
A) ischial tuberosities.
44) The pubic and ischial rami encircle the
D) obturator foramen.
45) The largest component of the coxal bone is the
46) A male has a ________ pelvic outlet when compared to the woman's
47) Each coxal bone consists of the following three fused bones:
B) ilium, ischium, and pubis
48) The superior border of the ilium that acts as a point of
attachment for both ligaments and muscles is the
D) iliac crest.
49) The sacrum articulates with the
50) The ilium, ischium, and pubis fuse into a single bone called the
E) coxal bone.
51) The coxal bone and sacrum combine to form the
52) Which surface feature(s) along the ilium mark(s) attachment sites
for large hip muscles?
C) gluteal lines
53) The greater sciatic notch is a feature on the
54) The pelvic organs are mostly found within the
B) iliac fossa.
56) Which of the following is the heel bone?
57) The distal end of the tibia articulates with the
58) The longest bone is the
59) The foot has ________ ankle bones and ________ bones in the sole.
B) 7; 5
60) The part of the tibia that is easily felt through the skin is and
is known as the shin is the
E) anterior margin.
61) The patella slides in a groove on the femur called the
C) patellar surface.
62) The linea aspera is located on the
63) The lateral malleolus is found on the
64) The Achilles tendon attaches to which anatomical structure?
65) The medial border of the fibula is bound to the ________ by the
67) The tarsus contains ________ bones.
68) The weight of the body is supported by the
E) distal metacarpals and the calcaneus.
69) Which of the following is not a lower limb bone?
72) The talus contacts the
73) Compared to the hand, the foot
D) contains arches that help distribute body weight.
74) When standing normally, most of your weight is transmitted to the
ground by the
A) distal ends of the metatarsals and calcaneus.
75) The condition known as "flat feet" is due to a
lower-than-normal longitudinal arch in the foot. A problem with which
of the following would most likely contribute to this condition?
C) weakness in the ligaments that attach the calcaneus to the distal ends of the metatarsals
87) Which of the following is not a characteristic of the male
C) angle of pubic arch greater than 100 degrees
88) The clearest distinction between a male and female skeleton is
seen in the characteristics of the
91) Which of the following is not an age-related change in the
B) bone remodeling
Lateral angle supports the glenoid cavity and articulates with humerus to form shoulder joint called __________________________.
The ___________________ on the humerus marks extent of joint capsule.
The ___________________ on the humerus corresponds to metaphysis of growing bone.
The __________________ on the shaft of humerus is a large, rough elevation on lateral surface that attaches deltoid muscle.
The _______________ on the shaft of the humerus on the posterior surface is for the radial nerve.
The greater and lesser tubercle on the humerus is separated by the ___________________.
Intertubercular sulcus or __________________.
The Medial and lateral epicondyles are distal expansions on the humerus for ______________________.
Trochlea and capitulum make up the _____________ of the humerus.
_____________ of the humerus articulates with ulna and radius
_______________________ is a fibrous sheet that connects the lateral margin of ulna to radius.
The _________ process of the mandible articulates with the temporal bone.
A perpendicular plate is a feature of the _____ and _____ bones.