psyc-3337 exam 2 ch8
- Exhibit controlling, rigid cold style
- value strict, unquestioning obedience
"their word is LAW, expressing a disagreement is not allowed!"
- Set firm, clear,consistent limits
- Allow disagreements and use reasoning, explanations, consequences
- supportive parenting
"strict yet loving and emotionally supportive"
- invloved with children
- place little or no limits or control on children's behavior
let kids do whatever they want
- uninvolved in children's lives
- displaying rejecting behavior
- emotional detached
Uninvolved parenting is a form of neglect and child abuse!
- Ability to overcome circumstances that place child at high risk for psychological and/or physical damage
- Exhibit ability to overcome circumstances that place child at high risk for psychological and/or physical functioning
For most children in Western cultures, authoritative parenting works best