micro final Flashcards
Which of the following is not true of horizontal gene transfer?
- A) Hfr males have an integrated F plasmid, F+ males have a cytoplasmic F plasmid.
- B) In F+X F- mating the F- becomes F+.
- C) Hfr X F- matings lead to chromosomal transfer from the Hfr to the F-.
- D) Generalized transducing phages come from temperate phages.
- E) Competency is required for uptake of free DNA from solution and can be induced by electroporation.
D) Generalized transducing phages come from temperate phages.
- Which of the following patterns of pathogenesis: (1). Adherence, (2). Colonization (Multiplication), (3). Exotoxin Production, (4). Invasion, (5). Invasion and Exotoxin Production, is characterized by Vibrio cholerae and ETEC?
- A) 1,2,3,4
- B) 1,2,3
- C) 1,2,4
- D) 1,2,5
- E) None of the above