HESI A2-Biology Chapter 5 Quiz
Why is polarity the most important characteristic of water?
- The results of the polarity are hydrogen bonding, a high specific heat value, and its versatile solvent properties.
- The results of the polarity are covalent bonding, a low specific heat value, and its versatile solvent properties.
- The results of the polarity are ionic bonding, a high specific heat value, and its versatile solvent properties.
- The results of the polarity are hydrogen bonding, a low specific heat value, and its versatile solvent properties.
Athletes are often concerned with the question of what they need in their diets to increase muscle mass and strength. What biologic molecule would you recommend that would accomplish this?
- Nucleic acids
Which organelle would you expect to be present in a cell responsible for detoxifying multiple molecules?
A. Rough endoplasmic reticulum
B. Smooth endoplasmic reticulum
D. Golgi apparatus
A cell from heart muscle would more than likely contain an unusually high proportion of:
Which part of cellular respiration produces the greatest amount of ATP?
- Electron transport chain
- Krebs cycle
When plants do not receive enough water their photosynthetic rated drops. This is because:
- Water is a raw material for the light reactions in photosynthesis
- Carbon dioxide is not available
- Water provides the carbon atoms used to make sugar
- Not enough oxygen is produced to keep fermentation running.
Which of the following statements is true about the Krebs cycle and the Calvin cycle?
- Both result in a net production of ATP and NADH
- Both require a net input of ATP
- Both result in the release of oxygen
- Both use light to initiate the process.
Why is it important for cells to undergo mitosis?
- Mitosis allows for reproduction with male and female gametes
- Mitosis increases variation within the species
- Mitosis produces cells that are different from the parent cell
- Mitosis produces cells for growth and repair of body tissue
72 Chromosomes undergo meiosis. How many chromosomes will be in each gamete?
Which of the following shows how information is transformed to make a protein?
- ATP-amino acid-protein