computer terms 1-10
Small computer made possible by the microprocessor
– a high-end desktop computer with massive computing power which is less expensive than a minicomputer. Workstations are the most powerful of the desktop computers
Laptop or Notebook
- A flat-screen, battery-powered portable computer that you can rest on your lap.
A super-fast, super-powerful, and super-expensive computer used for applications that demand maximum power
- Expensive, room-sized computer, used mostly for large computing jobs. Large expensive computer capable of simultaneously processing data for numerous users.
- a computer especially designed to provide software and other resources to other computers over a network. A computer that has the purpose of supplying its users with data; usually through the use of a LAN.
a portable computer small enough to be tucked into a jacket pocket
- Loading the non-ROM part of the operating system into memory
Information taken in by the computer
- A choice of two values, such as yes and no or zero and one