Change in Manufacturing Location
Newly Industrialised Countries
LEDC's in which manufacturing industries have grown leading to economic development. E.g. India, China & Brazil
The development of industry on an extensive scale
An area of land designated for industrial buildings and factories
When the amount of industrialisation in a country decreases.
Causes of Deindustrialization
1. Cheap Labour
2. Long Working Hour
3. Laxer Health & Safety Regulations
4. Prohibition of strikes
5. Tax incentives and "Tax free Zones"
Effects of Deindustrialization
1. Lots of manual workers like factory workers can lose their jobs.
2. As factories close down, some buildings become derelict
3. Closure of Coal mines coincided with the decline in heavy industries
4. Increased rates of unemployment, poverty and crime
5. There can be an increase in higher paid service industries like banking and insurance companies.