PT110 Lesson 10 Notecards
1.How is the Do-To-Selected function useful? What keyboard modifier set is used to access Do-To-Selected functionality?
- It's useful because it lets you apply a change across all of your selected tracks at once
2.Describe the process of creating a drum submix. What kind of track is traditionally used as a submix destination?
- You send all the tracks to a drum submix using Do-To selected...Aux input
3.What is the difference between a Basic Folder track and a Routing Folder track? Which kind is useful for submixing?
- Basic folders help you organize everything and allows you to collapse the tracks and tidy them.Routing folder tracks allows you to simply organize but lets you route through the folder as you would an Aux input
4.What process can you use to route the outputs of a set of tracks to a destination track?
You can click on the tracks output and select,the the selector menu will appear then select the destination track.--
5.What is the purpose of grouping tracks? How many track groups can you create in a session?
- The purpose is to allow you to control multiple tracks all at once...You can create 104 groups in a session.
6.What are some of the parameters that are affected by Edit groups? What are some of the parameters that can be included in a Mix group?
- Edit:Track view,height,playlist view,clip editing.
7.What is the keyboard shortcut to create a Mix or Edit group from selected tracks?
8.How can you enable or disable a single group? How can you globally suspend all groups? How can you visually tell when groups have been suspended?
- You have to click on them in the grouplist.
- Command+ Shift G
9.How can you identify group membership of tracks in the Mix window?
- You identify by looking at the group ID indicator.
10.How can you quickly select all members of a group? How might this be useful?
- You click the column next to the group name in the grouplist.This may be useful when you need to quickly access something.
11.What are some options for modifying or deleting a group?
- You select delete from the Group ID popup menu..You can also right click on the group name in the group list and select delete.
12.What is the purpose of the All group? Can you modify track membership or delete this group?
- All group allows you to override groups in a session and is useful to apply any global changes to tracks(all) in a session. You cannot modify track membership or delete the group.
13.When is it necessary to apply Dither? Where should you insert a dither plug-in?
- Dither is necessary when going from a higher bit depth to a lower bit depth.You should insert a dither plug in on the last insert on a master track.
14.What is noise shaping used for in a dither plug-in? How is noise shaping used by the POW-r dither plug-in?
- Improves the signal to noise ratio of the dither plug in. Pow-r dither plug in lessen the perceptiple noise inherent in dither by shifting noise components into a less audible range.
15.What are the steps involved in creating a session archive? Why is it important to use the Save Copy In command before compacting sound files?
- 1.Clear all unused files from the session
- 2.create a copy of the session,including parent files
- 3.compact the parent files to eliminate unused portions of the files.
- It's important to save copy in because you can make sure that all the files are copied into the corresponding audio files and video files. It also ensures that all the original files are protected against any data lost.