Approaches to Psychology
What are some examples of physiological needs?
sleep and hunger
What type of behavior cannot be observed?
How can learning about psychology improve your everyday life?
Learning about psychology can help you gain a better understanding of your own behavior, knowledge about how psychologists study human and animal behavior.
What type of psychologist explores the effects of different groups on their? members?
How can explanations of behavior improve ones' confidence?
explanations provide insight on how to think about feelings
Give an example of using rewards to change behavior
When I give my puppy the command to "sit" I only give him a treat when he sits on command.
How are mnemonic or "memory aides" devices used?
you usually associate each item on a list with something easier to remember, such as a picture, rhyme, or phrase. example in math for the order of operations: PEMDAS ( Please Excuse My Dear Aunt Sally).
What is Psychology?
- is the scientific study of behavior and menatal processes.
- psychology covers everything that people think,feel,and do
- psychologist differ in how much importance they place on specific types of behvaior
- psychologist may differ on which types of behavior are important. They agree that the study of behvaior must be systematic( asking and answering questions).
What are the 4 goals of psychology?
- Description ( gather information and present)
- Explanation( why people do what they do)
- Prediction ( tell what behavior outcome may show up)
What methods are used to gather data?
rely on the use of the scientific method
Who proposed that a psychological experience is composed of compounds similiar to chemical compunds?
Who fouded the first psychology lab?
What is another way to explain the scientific method in Wilhem Wunduts words?