What are the three different classifications for organizations?
1. Accreditation 2. Certification 3. Professional Organizations
A process to ensure high quality of operations and offerings. Sets conditions under which new members qualify for entry into the profession.
List of Accreditation agencies.
1. Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT) 2. Joint Review Committee on Education in Diagnostic Medical Sonography (JRCDMS) 3. Joint Review Committee on Education in Nuclear Medicine Technology (JRCNMT)
Agency concerned with compliance with education standards developed by and for the profession of radiologic technology. Governed by a Board of Directors known as the Joint Review Committee. Requires demonstrated compliance with minimum requirements known as the Essentials and Guidelines or Standards.
What year was JRCERT established?
Programs JRCERT currently accredits in.
1. Radiography 2. Radiation Therapy Technology 3. Medical Dosimetry 4. Magnetic Resonance Imaging
Agency concerned with compliance with education standards developed by and for the profession of medical sonography. It is sponsored by 9 organizations and currently accredits approximately 170 institutions dealing with medical sonography.
Agency concerned with the education standards developed by and for the profession of nuclear medicine technology. Currently accredits approximately 100 nuclear medicine technology programs and is sponsored by 4 organizations.
Deals with the demonstration of minimum competencies in recognized professional skills and knowledge. It is a voluntary process highly sought after by professionals within health care. It is your personal responsibility to achieve and maintain. Once achieved, you will be listed in a national registry. Provides the privilege of displaying professional credentials as earned.
Popular Certification Agencies in Medical Imaging.
1. American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) 1922 2. American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) 1975 3. Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board (NMTCB) 1977
List of a Professional Society's duties.
1. Education 2. Scholarships 3. Research and special reports 4. Governmental affairs and appointments 5. Malpractice insurance plans