Initial Basic Indoctrination # 2
The Cabin Incident Report (CIR) shall be filled out when an...
- irregularity or discrepancy occurs while on duty.
List the three time the flight attendant is required to perform the preflight inspection:
- prior to 1st flight.
- aircraft swap.
- the AC has been on for 4 hours.
List four times you can be drug / alcohol tested:
- new hire
- at random
- after injury
- reasonable suspicion
Passengers who appear to be intoxicated are...?
- not acceptable to fly
Regulations require that:
a) PAX who appear to be drunk,...
b) During boarding, look for indications that a PAX may appear to be intoxicated. If present, these indications require that:
a) cannot be boarded
b) further assessment is necessary
Flight attendant s must ____________________ the _______ of a passenger who appears to be intoxicated. The PIC will ensure to station's supervisor is notified and the PAX is _____________.
- immediately notify
Is there an "acceptable level" of intoxication?
If the PAX appears "drunk but happy", are they ok to board?
Flight attendants may not serve alcohol to any person who:
- appears to be drunk
- prisoner being escorted
- peace officer
- under the age of 21
- armed with a dangerous weapon
What does the 3-point briefing include?
- how to assist
- when to evacuate
- where to exit
Who receives the 3-point briefing?
- unaccompanied minors (UMs)
Define- sterile cockpit:
- any critical phase of flight such as, taxi, take-off, landing, and all flight operations under 10,000 ft.
When is the flight attendant allowed to get out of the jumpseat during sterile cockpit?
- to perform safety related duties.
No person may:
"_____________, ____________, ____________, ____________" a crew-member in the performance of the crew-member's duties aboard an aircraft in operation.
Can the captain stand in for a FA during the boarding and deplaning process?
- What is the minimum number of of rest hours required by the FAA?
- May be reduced to ______ hours if the FA is given a rest period of at least ______ hours that will begin no later than 24 hours after the beginning of the reduced rest period.
MESA Air Group, Inc. operations are governed by federal aviation regulations approved by the...?
- Federal Aviation Administration
During taxi, take-off, landing, and taxi to gate flight attendants must be in the _________________________ with the _____________ and ____________ fastened except ______________________________________________________________.
- seatbelt and harness fasted
- when performing safety related duties
What are three examples of safety related duties?
- safety demos
- main cabin check
- emergency on AC
During takeoff and landing FAs must also be in their ?
- brace positon
How many flight attendants are required to be on an aircraft with 50 seats?
How many flight attendants are required to be on an aircraft with 51 seats?
According to the FARs, no crew member may consume any alcohol within _____ hours reporting for duty.
What is Mesa Airlines Inc.'s company policy on consuming alcohol?
- may not consume any alcohol within 12 hours of duty
What does the abbreviation FRH stand for?
- Flamless Ration Heater
What is Mesa's policy on FRH?
- mesa does not accept
What does the abbreviation known as HazMat stand for?
- hazardous materials
Who do yo recognize a HazMat label or placard?
- the diamond shape