Y10 - UNIT 4 AND 5 BINGO
What is Magnesium, Nitrogen, and Oxygen?
Is this equation balanced?
Fe + S= FeS
Mg + ZnSO4= ?
Zn + MgSO4
Transition metals have different....
Charge and valency
Write the formula of Iron Oxide
6 + 6-
Which are the steps for writing an equation of a reaction?
1. Write down the valenciesof the two elements.
2. Write down their symbol, in the same order as the elements in the name.
3. Add numbers after the symbolsif you need to, to balance the valencies.
How many electrons would lose or gain elements in group 4?
It would share 4 electrons
What is the valency of an element?
Is the number of electrons its atoms lose, gain or share, to form a compound
When the compound contains a metal and a non-metal...
- The name of the metal is given first
- The name of the non-metal, but ending with -ide-.
How many electrons will hydrogen lose or gain?