Bone growth in length is called:
- Interstitial growth
- Epiphyseal growth
- Interosteon growth
- Appositional growth
What is the function of the collagen fibers and other organic molecules found in bone?
- Secretion of inorganic bone salts
- Formation of the bony callus
Bone resorption involves ________ activity of osteoclasts.
Spongy bone differs from compact bone because spongy bone:
- Is composed of numerous osteons (Haversian Systems).
- Is found primarily in the diaphyses of long bones, and compact bone is found primarily in the epiphyses of long bones.
- Does not contain osteocytes contained in lacunae.
- Is composed of trabeculae that are orienting the lines of stress