Itec Style question on Nerves
Which of the following is not a function of the of the cerebrum
- interprets and perceives pain, heat and cold
- controls mental activity
- controls the muscle tone and posture
- controls voluntary movement
controls the muscle tone and posture
Which of the following is a function of the sympathetic nerve system?
- slows the action of the heart
- constricts the flow of blood to the heart
- causes dilation of blood vessels supplying skeletal muscles
- Releases actetycholine
Causes dilation of blood vessels supplying skeletal muscles
Grey matter is positioned where ?
on the outside of the brain and inside the spinal cord
which part of the nerve cell speeds up the passage of nerve impulses along the fibre?
Nodes of Ranvier
Which part of the brain is associated with maintaining the balance and equilibrium of the body?
How many pairs of Lumbar Nerves are there?
Which part of the body helps the nervous system maintain homeostasis?
which part of the brain is responsible for breathing?
how many pairs of nerves does the spinal cord have?
Nerve fibres - like branches that transmit nerve impulses